Winter, rain and drizzle. Have been sick and been my usual self, avoiding the rain and everything else.
Delay. It has been a fun filled four days with exhausting long hours on the drawing on animation course as a winter intensive. Started on Monday which was exciting! besides the early start. Had two lovely animators who helped us out, one worked in a film called 'Mary & Max' a academy award winning short animation and the other also won an award for.. I forgot what.. but her stuff is amazing.
Untitled, on Plywood. Painting (cropped) I did few weeks ago on the break. I don't know if I actually like it, I did when I was actually painting her but it just feels like there is nothing really to it and not very me. I guess I just wanted to try something different. Inspired by Charmaine Olivia.
On the first day we watched various animations that involved different techniques to get us thinking and inspired to create our own in only a couple of long days. Pes, Bruce Alcock, Carmen Torrero etc. It is so amazing the process and time spent on each second of a film especially back then when they didn't have the technology like we do now. Day 2 started actually making our own. Day 3 Continuation. Made another one and a half. Day 4: Putting it together in the computer labs. And there is a screening day next week where we get to watch everybody's animation! I saw a few, and I have to say.. they all looked amazing. It was quite a nice class with a mix of people from art, music, to science, physics. Glad I chose this. I have a few clips that I've been meaning to upload but aren't so much finished.. but I've finally done it today! Sorry for video overload.. It'll be cool if you could check it out though :)
This is the first that I did. Mainly using charcoal and rubbing out, William Kentridge inspired. Second is a clay animation I call Plog.
One of the videos I created to experiment and push on with my painting ideas.
Clip I did a while ago, that I didn't really like and ended up submitting to related studies class. Similar to the rabbit and wonderer clip.
No comments:
Post a Comment